Eligibility for NHS funding for fertility?
For fertility treatments such as IVF, many couples are eligible for funding from the NHS. Unfortunately, if either of you are current smokers, you are overweight or if you already have a child together, there is no NHS funding available for treatment.
NHS funding for fertility treatment varies throughout the country, according to your GP practice, with access criteria being determined by the local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) under which your GP practice is governed.
Whether your fertility treatment is available through the NHS or you’re self-funding, or you need to spread your payments, we can help you find your way through the best options.
What’s involved in applying for NHS funding?
You cannot apply for funding yourself. Either your GP practice or the Fertility Clinic you’ve been referred to will apply for your funding. Some CCGs (e.g. BNSSG and Somerset) require criteria to be met for assessment, as well as treatment.
We will do all we can to secure your funding with your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
If you do not meet the criteria for NHS funding we advise whether lifestyle changes will help. Otherwise we can provide access to finance packages designed to reduce or spread the costs of your treatment, and make the process as easy as possible.
We understand that cost is one of the biggest implications when considering infertility treatment. At Bath Fertility our straight forward, patient-focused approach means that all our prices are published transparently so that you know exactly what you are paying for with no hidden charges.
We offer a wide range of funding and cost saving options designed to suit the needs of all our patients, including interest-free finance or Access Fertility Ltd Refund Programmes.
Our interest-free finance option allows you to spread the cost of your treatment, at no additional cost, over 12 months. Please bear in mind that you do need to meet the financial criteria required to be accepted. Find out more here.
Access Fertility Refund Programmes
We work with Access Fertility to offer patients under the age of 40 a refund of up to 100% if treatment is unsuccessful, and discounted multi-cycle programmes to patients under the age of 43.
IVF Unlimited Programme
The Unlimited programme offers you as many IVF cycles as you need over two years with a 100% refund if treatment is unsuccessful, all for a fixed fee.
Many patients worry about the unpredictable cost of IVF. Some people may get pregnant first time but costs can quickly mount up if treatment is not successful.
The Unlimited programme gives you certainty. Unlimited IVF treatment over two years and get a 100% refund if treatment is unsuccessful.
This new programme is currently available to women under 38 and is subject to medical review. Access Fertility do not ask you to undertake any unnecessary or costly additional testing for any of their programmes.
Please contact Access Fertility to find out more about these programmes – 01865 80 1000 / email@example.com
What does it include?
- Unlimited IVF cycles (ICSI available) for 2 years
- Unlimited frozen embryo transfers
- 100% refund if you do not have a baby
- Potential saving of at least 40% vs. traditional pay-as-you-go
- Available to patients under 38 using their own eggs
Additional services covered:
- In cycle monitoring – bloods and scans
- Follow-up consultation post fresh cycle
- HFEA fee
- Blastocyst culture
- Embryo freezing and 1 year storage
For further information and a breakdown of programme prices, please call our Patient Advisors on 01761 43464 or contact Access Fertility directly on 01865 80 1000/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional services such as time lapse, embryo glue and assisted hatching may be covered. Please ask your clinic. 2) Medication, initial consultation and investigations (including viral screening and AMH testing) are not included.
IVF Refund Programme
Pre-pay for two or three cycles of IVF or ICSI with a refund element.
- Three cycle IVF Refund package starts at £8,600
- Two cycle IVF Refund package is £7,850
- Three cycle ICSI Refund package starts at £10,800
- Two cycle ICSI Refund package is £9,200
Receive up to 100% of fees paid as a refund if no live birth is achieved after all your treatment cycles are complete.
What does it include?
- Up to three IVF/ICSI cycles and unlimited frozen cycles
- Freezing and one year’s storage for your embryos
- No time limit for when cycles have to be completed by
- Any patient aged under 40, using their own eggs, is eligible for this plan subject to a medical review
IVF Multi-Cycle Programme
Pre-pay for two cycles of IVF or ICSI at a significantly reduced cost to paying per individual cycle.
Patients aged under 43
- IVF Multi-Cycle £6,600
- ICSI Multi-Cycle £7,700
What does it include?
- Up to two IVF/ICSI cycles and unlimited frozen cycles
- Freezing and one year’s storage for your embryos.
- No time limit for when the cycles have to be completed by.
- Any patient aged under 43, using their own eggs, is eligible for this plan.
The following applies to both the IVF Refund Programme and the IVF Multi-Cycle Programme
- Patient treatment information meeting
- Nurse planning appointments
- Tailored ultra sound stimulation scans
- Egg collections under sedation*
- Laboratory costs*
- Transfer of all embryos for cycles*
- Unlimited transfer of all frozen embryos
- Blastocyst or assisted hatching*
- Follow up appointments or pregnancy scan*
- Up to 3 counselling sessions per cycle
- Embryo freezing & 1 year storage
- HFEA licence fee per cycle
- Consultant consultation
- Semen analysis
- Fertility drugs
- Donor sperm
- Donor eggs
By partnering with Access Fertility we hope to help our patients budget for the cost of fertility treatment and offer peace of mind – the discounted treatment offers a significant saving compared to paying for the same treatment as you go along. If you are unable to have a baby you will receive up to a 100% refund if you opt for the IVF Refund programme.